Notre Dame did what everyone knew they were going to do today and fired Charlie Weis. Yep, they DIIHD. Well actually they might be on the hook for somewhere between $18M and $45M; so technically he DIITD.
Let’s take a look at some of Weis’ football accomplishments:
- 2005: 9-3 with Tyrone Willingham’s recruits and lost in the Fiesta Bowl to Oh-Hi-Ho State
- 2006: 10-3. Turned Jamarcus Russell into the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft after getting crushed by LSU in the Fiesta Bowl.
- 2007: Went 3-7 and only beat UCLA, Duke and Stanford. Lost to Navy for the first time since 1963.
- 2008: 7-6. Lost to Syracuse at home on Senior Day a week after Cuse announced they were firing their head coach. The ND players were pelted by snowballs by their own fans at the end of the game. He also had his knee blown up by one of his players while strolling down the sideline thinking about what he was going to have for dinner.
- 2009: Started the season ranked 23rd. Finished 6-6. Lost to Navy for the 2nd time during Weis’ tenure. Lost 4 straight games to finish out the regular season. Finished his ND coaching career with a .565 winning percentage, which was less than the .583 of his two predecessors, Tyrone and Bob Davie.
Now let’s take a look at his non-football accomplishments:
- He’s the only man to ever beat gastric bypass surgery.
- Players on his team say that he starts his morning with several fresh butter sandwiches. Yeah, he takes a slice of bread, puts an egregious amount of butter on it, then puts another slice of bread on top of it. No wonder he has the FUPA of a 230 lb 65 yr. old woman.
- He’s a cocky, arrogant dick . No need to elaborate.
It”ll be A-Ok for Charlie though, with 6 NFL teams already vying for his O-Coordinating services. Maybe the Browns will bring him in and reunite him with Brady Quinn.
-Hotdogs Anderson aka Bob Ac-Costa-bish